- You MUST sign-up to take part in the Competition. Sign up by emailing Your Name AND Beer Style to email@example.com
- Competition entry cost is $2 per entry.
- Entries Close FRIDAY 10th August! - There will be no entries allowed after this date!
- Your product MUST be submitted to The Duck on Clarence by FRIDAY 17th August!
- Judging will take Place at The Duck on Clarence on SUNDAY 19th August.
- Please Note: Brews will NOT be Judged without an exhibitor label attached!
- A Special Home Brewer's LUNCH will be available to purchase on the day - including spot prize draw for attending brewers!
- Best Beer Winner - to be brewed at the Black Duck Brewery!
- Various Prizes - 12 Categories!! Prizes to be announced soon!
The prize categories are as follows;
- Pale lager
- Amber/Dark Lager
- Pale Ale
- India Pale Ale
- Amber Ale
- Dark Ale
- Strong Ale/Lager
- Belgian/French Style Ale
- Best Extract (kit & kilo) Beer
- Best Modified (extract plus steeped/partial mash) Beer
- Best All Grain Beer
- Best Competition Beer (to be brewed at Black Duck Brewery)
- BJCP Style Guidelines should be used as an indication of the beer style.
- You are required two bottles of the same brew to be submitted at room temperature (ie. two bottles for each entry). Both bottles shall have an exhibitor label attached (a string label, or paper label attached with rubber band is used by some entrants).
- Bottle capacity should be ‘longneck’ sized (approx. 640-750ml each). ‘Longneck’ bottles are preferred, but where these are unable to be used, then multiple smaller bottles may be submitted.
- New bottle caps are to be used!
- Homebrew entries will be judged by some seriously knowledgeable beer experts. Including Brewmaster and 20+ Year beer Judge, Graeme Mahy!
- Judging will take into consideration the head, head retention, aroma, amount of sediment/clarity, the appearance, and most importantly, the palate & flavour of the beer.
- The bottles should be clean & well presented, free of dirt, dust, rusty caps etc. New caps should be used!
- Entrants are encouraged to identify & indicate the beer style for each entry.
- BJCP Judging sheets will be used for judging.
The Duck on Clarence’s Homebrew Competition 2018 is thankful to be sponsored by Country Brewer Port Macquarie and the Black Duck Brewery.